Monday, May 29, 2017

Time Flies

Where does the time go?  It's been almost three months since I posted last.  Well that's not very committed, is it?  But I really have been busy.  I write three other blogs besides this and I've tried to stay on top of them -  I've worked two very long weekends at a festival selling my photos 

    

 









and - and here's the big one - I joined Weight Watchers.  


You know, I never even told you what that visit to the emergency room ended up being.  Well, a visit to the cardiologist (who said I need to lose weight), a stress test and an electrocardiogram later - I have hypertensive heart disease.  Not terribly bad, but enough that I need to make some lifestyle changes.


I've had high blood pressure since my twenties.  I've been on medication since then and I thought my blood pressure was controlled.  I check it regularly and I take my meds faithfully.  But that's the trouble with hypertension (also known as the silent killer).  You think its controlled, but it isn't.  Little things make it jump - and it's not controlled all the time.  And that causes damage.  


So here I am, trying to exercise regularly and I attend a Weight Watchers meeting every week.  I could do it online, but I'm one of those people that needs to be held accountable.  I can't just push off a gain and move on to the next week.  I have to get on that scale for someone else and let them see if I've worked the program or not.  Ouch!

But I have lost 9 pounds - only 41 more to go!  And I'm feeling a lot better.  If fact, when I look in the mirror, I feel pretty pleased with the mature woman that looks back.


  Far from perfect and certainly not young, but strong and motivated and ready to tackle each day with intention!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!