Sunday, October 6, 2019

Fall Leaves and Cold Air

It's been awhile since I've been here. Since starting my new job with new hours I'm not getting nearly as much done here in cyberspace! I have to get up at 3am if I'm going to work on blogs - and it doesn't matter what time I get home. I'm tired! But here I am today. Sitting on my couch with no noise, watching the light breeze blow the leaves onto my deck and reveling in the stillness. I love fall.



But what is fall?


Fall is brilliantly colored leaves. It's pumpkins and pumpkin muffins (you can keep the pumpkin spice lattes). It's apples - lots of apple without the wax on the skin. I love to hit the apple farms and get a few pounds of my favorite - Honey Crisps. 




Fall is the start of colder weather - getting the wood stove primed for fires. Splitting the wood and bringing some inside. 

It's the kind of weather you eat lots of soups. The crock pot comes out and dinner permeates until the end of the day when you sit and enjoy a hot bowl of soup with some warm bread.



Dessert is a glass of cognac and the quiet sounds of a crackling fire or the wind blowing - the pounding rain and sometimes thunder. 

Autumn is the time to rest and reflect. To slow from the summer whirlwind of activity. A time to daydream and quietly breath.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!