Saturday, August 8, 2020

Where did the Time Go?

 It's been awhile. I can't believe I haven't written anything for awhile. I'm still in captivity. My husband has serious respiratory problems and his doctor has said I need to stay sheltering in place. He's my world so I'm following directions to keep him safe. 

I've spent the last few months trying to reclaim our yard. The previous owners planted ivy and bamboo, two incredibly invasive plants. Fast forward twenty years and our yard was nothing but bamboo and ivy. We have two ponds that were connected by a creek that was totally surrounded by bamboo and it leaked! It's time to go!

We started by cutting all the bamboo down. From there we pulled ivy, dug out berries and tried to get the bamboo out by the roots. A couple of weeks ago we gave in. We rented a micro excavator. We dug that crap out!! So now we have a large patch of dirt, and a huge pile of bamboo debris and dirt as well as the perimeter areas still to do. 

I learned a valuable lesson though. When you pay someone to do a job, never give them all of the money until it's done. $340 later, I'm finishing the debris removal. He never came back. 

And so the saga of the yard continues.

I also learned how incredibly out of shape I am!! Yikes - aching every night, especially my feet. I have plantar fasciitis, lateral (over the top of the foot) fasciitis and arthritis. By the end of the day my feet ached from digging and walking. Then I discovered these socks!! 

I saw an ad on facebook and they were expensive, so I went to my go to place, Amazon. They had another version that included 3 pairs for $15, so I bought them. And I love them!! I have very little pain in my feet. I wear them at night and when I'm working or walking. They look funny, but I'm laughing with no pain!! This sounds like a plug for them, but I guess it is. If you have foot problems I really do recommend them. 

             

The yard plan? Get all the stuff pulled out and cover the whole area with tarps. In the Spring we'll rototill and plant. I can't wait!!

What have you been up to?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been up to a LOT of work. Hope your aches and pains don't last too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up at Embracing Home and Family! My parents have bamboo...I understand your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for you to show us what you plant next spring!

    Btw- those socks actually look rather comfy. I'm going to tell my mom about them!

    Thanks for sharing your post with us on the Embracing Home and Family link-up party! We hope you join us again this Friday. :)

    -Cherelle

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!