Saturday, June 6, 2020

National Gardening Exercise Day

I think they have a day for everything! Here's one the combines a workout with gardening (as if gardening is a passive activity!). The idea here is add a little workout to your gardening chores. Add a few squats before you get down to pull the weeds. Stretch up and then touch your toes when you're getting ready to dig with that shovel. It's that simple.




I was going to add these little stretches to my work today, but it's raining - and I mean raining! I'm a wimp. I'm not going out to work in the rain. Nope. Besides, all the stretching and lifting and digging from yesterday has left my old body sore.



But you know, anything you do outdoors is so much less stressful than what we do indoors. Yesterday morning I went out with my coffee and watered the garden and the flowers. I listened to the birds and the waterfall while the shower from the hose hydrated my plants and I sipped my morning joe.



I love my yard. We've put a lot of time in it recently; and still have a lot to go. But the fruits of the labor is so worth it!



So get out there today - do some stretches, pull a little weed, savor the peacefulness of the outdoors.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 13, open June 1 to 26. All party entries shared if social media buttons installed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your kitty has the right idea :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!