Thursday, November 17, 2016

It's National Hiking Day!

Did you know there is a day to celebrate hiking?  Well, neither did I until now.  I tried to use it as a way to motivate my husband to get out and hike with me.  No can do.  He "doesn't like to hike".  But hiking is great exercise - and there are some beautiful sights to be seen along the way.   And it's good for the soul.


So come along with me on a few hikes I've been on!
In the Pacific NW it rains a lot, but you can certainly hike in it!  Just put on a hoodie!  The exercise does this old body good!  


Take a hike with your grandkids (the photo bomber)


Go out and hug a tree!  (These are the giant redwoods)


Or pick a great campground - you can hike and then come back and relax with some wine!


And revel in the splendor around you!


Add stairs to the hike - extra calorie burn!!

 


 


Are you ready to go out hiking with me??  

1 comment:

  1. Looks peaceful, but my husband is older than me and not that mobile.
    Thanks for bringing your post to the Blogger's Pit Stop Linky Party,
    Janice, Pit Stop Crew

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!