Thursday, December 31, 2020

Word for 2021

 On New Year's Eve in 2019, I reflected on my word (Dream) and thought about where I wanted to go in 2020. I spent the year 2019 dreaming - and boy did I dream. So many things I want to do. So the appropriate word for 2020 seemed to be motivation. I needed motivation to make those dreams happen. 



Here's how I started 2020

"2020 Motivation

What is motivation really?

The dictionary says it’s the reason (or reasons) we have for behaving in a particular way. It’s also our willingness to do something.

So bring it on 2020 – I’m going to get MOTIVATED!"


And today I reflect on that.


What a year 2020 has been. Motivation? Well, I have been unemployed since April due to Covid 19 – so I had time and got motivated to take back our backyard from the ivy and bamboo that had taken it over. I even planted some vegetables.



But 2020 was also the year of the purge. I purged friendships that were toxic and always negative. I purged the yard – purged our stuff – simplified so many things. 

It has also been a year of self reflection – of realizing I cannot be what others expect me to be. I need to be who I am. 

It’s been a year of re-evaluating a lot of things. A year of missing my family and the hugs and doing crazy things with friends. 


So what can I take away from all of this. Where do I want to go?

As I said on a previous post, I am thinking about my word for 2021. So much has changed this last year. And through the change I am finding things I once enjoyed peeking back into my days. I'm putting my hands in the soil and growing things. I pulled out my clay and paints and craft stuff. I've spent time just sitting outdoors listening and watching. So much of life gets missed as we rush past in our day to day work. We forget to take the time to just be content. 



So where do I want to go in 2021?

I want to rediscover those things that give me pleasure. And I want to find new things as I begin to traverse this new phase of my journey. I want to learn about new things. I want to seek new knowledge and new ideas. I want to experience new things and I want to leave no stone unturned. I want to Explore. 

2021-Explore 



3 comments:

  1. Good word choice! Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 62. Pinned and/or shared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at my Unlimited Link Party 63!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be interested to hear how you have grown through exploration these past 12 months.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!