Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Out with the Old and In with the New

Every year I pick a word to be my annual "word". I chose Adventure for 2018 and yesterday I started a huge, new adventure.



On Friday I left the YMCA. I had been there for five years. Not a very long time by any means, but enough to have built some lasting relationships. I learned a lot and am grateful for the time I was there. It was bittersweet driving away for the last time. 

And yesterday I began my new adventure at the Oregon Children's Academy. Although I know child care, learning a new program and all their procedures and policies and ways of doing things - my brain is exhausted!

I spent most of the day learning (or rather watching) the computer reports, access, passwords... And the last half hour of the day starting to organize a terribly disorganized office. With re-licensing in just two months and immunizations reviews to get done, there is a LOT of organizing to do.


But I'm up for it. I started working at this school in 1998 and left in 2007. As I am nearing retirement in a few years, I will most likely end my working life at this location. Full circle.

New Adventure - Here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!