Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Monday's Musings #7 (late) - Take Nothing for Granted

 Well, here it is Tuesday and I completely missed Monday’s musings. So I’ll call this one Mondays musings late.

I had surgery on my wrist last week and I’m running just a tad behind on just about everything. It’s amazing how we take for granted what we have, especially our body parts. You never realize how much you need two hands for until you only have one to use. I am extremely grateful that my second one will be healing and I’ll have access to it again soon.


 I find myself thinking about the people who have lost a limb permanently, how they must struggle to adjust. There’s many creative ways to do what you need to do, but there are also many ways to get terribly terribly frustrated. You can’t open a jar with only one hand. It’s really hard to type. I dictate into my phone, email it to myself, then cut and paste and make corrections with the single finger. It’s slow, but it works. I also think about other things in our lives that we take for granted. Our family, our homes, our securities like food, and our general well-being. And Everything can change in an instant.When I see the people in Ukraine, people who were going along their daily lives just doing what you do every day, and in the blink of an eye everything was turned upside down and inside out, I am reminded how quickly things can change. It’s these times that our resilience comes through.I pray we never have to deal with anything that horrific, but if we do, I pray that we all have the strength and stamina to take care of ourselves and keep going. There’s so much to keep going for.So as I sit today, waiting for my arm to finish healing, and thinking about all of my blessings, I’m thankful that a broken wrist is the worst that I have to deal with today.


 Thoughts and prayers to everyone who’s dealing with something in their lives, who are struggling with something. We all have it in us to just keep going.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you hurry and heal. When I broke my ankle it was so hard on me!! Maybe I should blog about it. I dictate to my phone quite often, especially when blog posts come to me after I've already gone to bed :) Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 84. Shared.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!