Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Bring it on 2020!


Each year I chose a word to focus on. At the end of the year I reflect on things that of done or experienced and how my word fit into it all. 



2019 Word was -  Dream to consider, imagine, a possibility


Not sure why I chose this word. I had a lot of dreams. I dreamed of getting my training business off the ground. I dreamed of doing redecorating in my house and clearing the ivy and bamboo from my yard. I dreamed of getting our finances on more solid ground. And…I did none of it. I started it all. I did a little. But I was lacking in one thing. Motivation. Dreams can come true, but they don’t fall in your lap. You have to put the work into it to make it happen. And to put that work in, you have to have motivation.

Well, that brings me to the 2020 word. Motivation.

2020 Motivation
What is motivation really?
The dictionary says it’s the reason (or reasons) we have for behaving in a particular way. It’s also our willingness to do something.
So bring it on 2020 – I’m going to get MOTIVATED!

But you know - this is also the close to a decade. 10 years. At nearly 64 I probably only have two or three more decades to experience, so, following the lead of my friend Terri, I want to reflect on ten of my accomplishments and experiences of the last ten years.

1. Left a job the caused me a great deal of stress and went to a job I love. The job I intend to retire from.

2. Completed not only my Bachelor's degree, but my Master's degree.

3. Became a master trainer for ECE professionals in the state of Oregon (and developed 7 workshops).

4. Ran several 5K races and learned I really do enjoy the run. And I've learned to accept that, due to arthritis in my feet, my running days are done. 

5. Said goodbye to my dad. That was a hard one.

6. I actually SOLD several of my photos!

7. Got to stay home on several really good snow days! I am so enamored with snow!

8. Saw my oldest friend battle cancer (and win) twice.

9. Survived a heart attack false alarm, passed a heart stress test with flying colors, learned I have a slightly enlarged left ventricle, survived gall-boulders and gall-bladder surgery, a colonoscopy, three broken toes, a broken foot and a broken ankle. I think that's all. 

10. Have learned to embrace my aging self, wrinkles, sags and all. I have made it through peri-menopause, coming successfully out the other end (full menopause), and have learned to like myself, including my imperfect body, co-dependent nature and my tendency to talk to much.



And that being said, Here's wishing you a motivated and memorable new beginning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!