Monday, April 12, 2021

Covid

 Covid. One little word that has changed the course of the world the last year. We've been forced to stay away from friends and family and live in semi-isolation. It's been so hard on so many people. I consider myself one of the fortunate. 

I've used the time to work on my house. My husband and I have laughed together, watched movies, created gourmet meals and eaten them by candle light. 


And now we have the vaccine. For me, this represents light at the end of the tunnel. For many it seems to mean we're out of the woods. But we're not. There is still a lot of tree cover we have to move through.

My husband and I are now fully vaccinated. He had mild side effects with the second - I got run over by a truck!! I was down three days! And now I'm back to normal and hopeful - grateful we have the vaccinations.

My sister and I were on the coast last year for our annual beach trip, our last day, when the news announced the pandemic was in the U.S. We spent the drive home talking about the need to isolate for a couple of weeks and what we were going to do to prepare for it. A couple weeks. 


Here we are, over a year later. We are both fully vaccinated so we are planning another beach trip. My friend Sara said we caused covid. It was like a Jumanji thing. We needed to go back to the beach to get it back in the board. So here we go. Jumanji at the beach. 

We're almost there. Not quite, but almost. Hang in there. Protect yourself and others - wear the mask. Soon, we'll be out from the tunnel of trees in the open sunshine. Hope to see you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!