Tuesday, May 31, 2022

The Garden Faire

The first weekend of May was the annual Garden Faire. I learned about it the year before covid and then they stopped having it - so this was my first year!

I was going to post my awesome finds, but a horrendous bout with asthma put me a wee bit behind - But here it is now!

It was a bit rainy, but I got lucky. The big downpour started just as I was leaving. I brought my trusty gorilla cart and waited in the long line. 


As I got in I thought I'd go up and down all the isles and see what they had first. But I found a beautiful clematis for the gazebo. And there was more!

I found the raffle ticket booth and got ten tickets. There was supposed to be two drawings in the time that I was there but, unfortunately, they had some technical difficulties and it didn't happen. I gave my tickets to a young family on my way out. I hope they won something!

After I thought I was finished, I went over to the food area and had a delicious carnitas taco! 

As I was leaving, I realized I miss a whole section!! So - off I went. And left with irises and an orchid!


All in all, it was a great day. I had a lot of fun and found some awesome plants (and a great solar mushroom light!). Things weren't less expensive than a nursery, but there were a lot of unusual plants and some gorgeous garden art. 


I will be there next year!


Here are some great things for gardening - a gift to you or a friend!

2 comments:

  1. Next year I am going to find a farm or nursery to get some good French or English lavender. I have one wonderful plant but the others are not the right kind. Love what you found and it will be beautiful in your garden.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you got some great plants. Can't wait to see more photos later in the summer to see those beauties blooming. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.
    Visiting today from Friendship Friday #68

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!