Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Dahlias!!

 What a week we had! I spent two days with my sister shopping, playing and otherwise having a great time. 


We went to the Swan Island Dahlia festival on Thursday. Absolutely beautiful - rows and rows of color. 





Thursday evening we went Chick's Night Out at Bauman Farm and Garden. We had so much fun. Two other friends joined us and we laughed harder than I've laughed in a long time. 

We got free 5 minute massages 


and a beautiful view of the full Harvest Moon!



The day she left we were warned power might be shut off due to high winds and dry weather. We did not lose power, but a fire started 35 miles from our house the prompted evacuations around it. We were not in jeopardy of evacuation, but boy did we get some smoke. 


The temps topped at 99 with lots of smoke in the air. By Sunday, things were starting to cool off a little and the smoke was leaving our area. 

And today I sit on my couch, watching a light on and off drizzle, enjoying the mid 70 temps. 



1 comment:

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!