Tuesday, August 9, 2022

The Garden is Growing!!

 Back in May I showed you how my garden was getting started. Well, after a couple of hiccups, it's doing quite well! The weather has been super warm and the plants are growing fabulously. 


I've harvested enough banana peppers to pickle one jar. 

I'm on the second jar of pickling cucumbers. And we have been eating a lot of cherry tomatoes. The larger fruit are still green, but starting to show signs of ripening. 

We had lots of raspberries! We ate some and froze some and ate some more! 


Even got a few blueberries before the raccoons this year!


The peas are starting to wind down, but the green beans just keep coming. 

I have three squash plants that I'm not sure which kind they are. But the big, vining, tromboncino squash has just taken off! 



I love the way the vining plant goes along the fence line. I've never had this kind of squash - I just liked the way the plant looked in the picture! 



We'll find out tonight what it tastes like. That's the beauty of growing your own fruits and vegetables. You can grow things you aren't likely to find at the stores or even farmer's markets - and try new foods!



The herb bed had a few set backs, compliments of the squirrels, but it's doing pretty good now. I love walking out the door to get fresh herbs for my cooking. 



And flowers - daisies, hydrangea, lavender and roses. 



It's been a good year. I hope this inspires you to start your own garden next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!