Monday, August 29, 2022

Monday Musing (#2)

 It's Monday morning. I didn't used to look forward to Mondays. The weekend was busy and productive and used to get things caught up. Monday signaled the start of another work week - stress and long hours and things falling behind again.

But I'm retired now. Monday is the start of a new week to play and work in my yard and plan some new recipes for my food blog (The Lazy Gastronome). And the best part, if all the things I planned don't get done, I have tomorrow. No stress. 

This last week was slow. I fractured a disc in my back in May so I haven't been able to work in the yard much. Watering and light maintenance was about all I could do. But things are healing and I'm ready to get back to work out there. It's been slow going rebuilding stamina but satisfying. 

I got re-started on my front yard. We plan to tarp the whole thing and till it in the Spring. I'm going to plant a no-mow cottage garden. I'll keep you updated on that project. 

I also harvested a lot of vegetables and plum! I actually have enough tomatoes this year to share with my neighbors! I love how everyone shares a little of their crops with each other. 

Saturday was a day with our grandson. We went to Cruisin' McMinnville - a car show with old and new, refurbished and rusted vehicles. 







And we ended the day with an amazing meal in a restaurant in the back of a Mexican market. 

Sunday is designated "fun day". I do what I want - no chores. I puttered in my garden. Picked plums for the neighbors. Sat in the rocker on my porch and read. And cooked a new dish for my food blog (see above).


And so here we are today - Monday. When I got out of bed I fed the cats (all four of them), made some coffee, then sat down to plan the day. 



And then I got to work.

So welcome Monday. A fresh new week. A day to settle in to the daily routine and keep my head in the moment. I now cherish Mondays. I am thankful that I made it though enough of them in the past to revel in them in my retirement. 

So happy Monday! What are your plans this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!