Sunday, May 6, 2018

Resting in the Beauty of Nature

My life gets crazy. I work full time as a child care center manager. I am developing a business to train Early Childhood professionals. I have a cooking blog, a photography blog, three cats and a husband. And sometimes I get overwhelmed.


That's when I take some time outdoors. Science tells us that being outdoors enhances creativity and boosts energy. It boosts our immune systems, gives us a good dose of vitamin D (a vitamin most of us are deficient in) and helps us create focus. And that's just being outdoors. Add being in nature to the equation.


When we are outdoor, free from distractions and busy work, our brains stop multitasking and start to rest. Yes, rest. We begin to feel restored. Our stress levels begin to drop and we begin to feel less fatigued and more alive. Nature has the power to save us.



And I can attest to that truth. When life begins to toss me around, so many people demanding my attention that I begin to feel drawn and quartered, I turn to nature.



I am fortunate to have a quarter of an acre of trees and birds and water in my backyard. I can take a cup of coffee or tea and just sit in the quite of nature. There are few other sounds. On a warm summer day I can sit in my Adirondack chair and feel the gentle breeze blow on my face - hear it pushing the leaves above me. My world becomes a better place. I become a better person.




Just by resting in the beauty of nature.








3 comments:

  1. A great reminder for me; I'm definitely a "house cat."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly! Thanks for the reminder xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post, we will feature it on the next Blogger's Pit Stop.
    Kathleen
    Blogger's Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!